Thank you for your interest in our research.
Our research is aimed at advancing understanding of brain-behavior relationships in healthy individuals and those with mental illness. The goal is to understand complex brain disorders. English-speaking children, adolescents and adults who are healthy, and individuals with a brain disorder, who meet criteria for a research protocol are eligible to participate. Family members may also be invited to participate in studies.
Before you continue to our questionnaire, here are a few things to note about our research:
- You do not have to pay anything to participate
- You do not need health insurance to participate
- Reimbursement for travel and related expenses for completed study visits may be provided
- Research is completely voluntary. You can stop participating at any time. Neither participating in the research nor refusing to participate in the research will affect any clinical care you are receiving
- Every effort will be made to keep all responses strictly confidential. Only authorized Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania researchers will be able to see the answers you provide in order to determine if you may be eligible for our research
- There are no benefits to completing this contact form other than determining if you may be eligible for our research. There are no risks to you completing this form other than the highly unlikely chance someone outside the study team could see the information you provide, despite all our security measures
- If you have any questions about the research, you may call 833-LIBI-BBL (833-542-4225)
Some things you may be asked to do as a participant include:
- Clinical evaluation, involving clinical interviews and standard tests performed by doctors and trained research staff
- Neurobehavioral assessment, including computerized tests of attention, learning, memory, language skills, and sensorimotor integration
- Neuroimaging (MRI), which is a safe way to obtain images of the brain
- Tissue samples, which give us genetic and molecular information about how the brain works. This may be a blood sample or a tissue sample from your skin or nose
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we would like to ask you some preliminary questions to see if you are eligible. Your willingness to complete this form will be considered evidence of your consent for us to collect this information. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
Information you enter is stored securely and will not be shared outside our research team.
If you would like to answer these questions, please complete the questionnaire below.