Thank you for your interest in our research. Before you continue to our questionnaire, here are a few things to note about our research:
- Research is completely voluntary. You can stop participating at any time.
- Every effort will be made to keep all responses strictly confidential.
- You will not have to pay anything to participate.
- You do not need health insurance to participate.
- Reimbursement for travel and related expenses for completed study visits may be provided.
- If you are not interested in our study but would like to schedule a clinical appointment, please contact: 215-662-2826
Our research is aimed at advancing understanding of brain-behavior relationships in healthy individuals and those with mental illness, primarily psychotic disorders. The goal is to understand complex brain disorders. English-speaking children, adolescents and adults who are healthy, and individuals with a brain disorder, who meet criteria for a research protocol are eligible to participate. Family members may also be invited to participate in studies. Participants will be paid for each study procedure and payments range from $40-$230.
Some things you may be asked to do as a participant include:
- Clinical evaluation, involving clinical interviews and standard tests performed by doctors and trained research staff.
- Neurobehavioral assessment, including computerized tests of attention, learning, memory, language skills, and sensorimotor integration.
- Neuroimaging (MRI), which is a safe way to obtain images of the brain.
- Electroencephalography (EEG) and Event Related Potentials, which measure the electrical activity of the brain both during resting state and while participants perform different tasks.
- Tissue samples, which give us genetic and molecular information about how the brain works. This may be a blood sample or a tissue sample from your skin or nose.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we would like to ask you some preliminary questions to see if you are eligible. If you would like to answer these questions, please complete the questionnaire below.